Monday, August 30, 2010

Lights Out on UFC 118

The UFC 118  just ended with a huge back to back victory for Frankie Edgar as he successfully defended his belt against B.J. Penn on their second encounter. The controversy of the unanimous decision on their first encounter was unraveled. It is clear now that Frankie Edgar is the real champion of their fight.


While the undercard match between “The Natural” and “Lights Out!” is the most awaited event. Randy “The Natural” Couture the UFC hall of famer just dominated the former professional champion on the heavy weight division of professional boxing James “Lights Out!” Toney by an arm-triangle choke 3 minutes and 19 seconds on the first round.


"I think, realistically, even if he's been training nine months, that's real short order to pick up everything he needed to know for mixed martial arts," he said. "I'm a huge fan of boxing. A lot of credit to James for stepping up in here. He's the first boxer to do that. I think all of us MMA guys love boxing, and hopefully, now, there's a whole bunch of boxers like James that will start to love MMA." – Randy Couture said.


"I didn't expect him to be so aggressive at first," he said. "He just caught me. He got me on the ground, and I couldn't get out of the triangle choke. But I'll be back. I ain't no quitter." – James Toney answered giving credit to Randy Couture who just won.


To sum up this big event that just happened where MMA proved to be a whole lot different compared to boxing. If you can dominate the two areas you must be something! But I think that is very impossible to do for a 42 years old James Toney who just left boxing. Even though he’s been champion on the professional boxing but on mixed martial arts it’s a lot different. He just said that “ I ain’t no quitter”, now he should be studying a lot about mixed martial arts and train hard like he does on boxing to be able to continue in his new career. The UFC people just gained a lot of respect from the boxers today as Randy "The Natural" Couture put the lights out against James Toney.